Improper iStat uninstall

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tungo529, May 26, 2010.

1. tungo529 macrumors member

I recently downloaded and installed iStat from Bjango onto my new i7 Hi-Res MBP, without realizing that Apple has developed an iStat widget.

As a result, I did an uninstall of of the iStat using appzapper. After the uninstall however, the iStat graphs were still displayed near the bluetooth icon and wireless signal icon. There is a 2 week grace period which allows you to run the demo. I anticipated, that the app would remove itself after the demo expired, but instead of removing itself, the graph dialogue boxes still remains with exclamation points in them to ask you to register or buy the program. Right-clicking shows these options.

It's kind of annoying to look at those 6 boxes. Is there anyway to remove them without doing a complete re-install of the OS? BTW, the app is great, but this MBP ran my wallet dry for at least a few months.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hold the Command key and drag them off the Menu Bar.

3. tungo529 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a bunch. It worked! That's an option I didn't know. Learn something new everyday with this OS.

What's your paypal? I can forward you a few bucks for helping me.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

LOL. This isn't a pay-for-help site. If you want to contribute to the site (which is a great idea) click here.

5. tungo529 thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if I can help there, since I'm sort of new to MAC, but I've converted my entire family over to Apple products if that helps. I was a hardnosed PC user and puked at the sight of the Apple Logo. Went in one day to Best Buy, messed around with the OS, found it appealing, went online and was the owner of a late 2009 15" CTO 3.06 ghz MBP. Since December of 09, we've purchased 11 Mac's. Everyone supports an iPhone, and I'm purchasing a 32GB wi-fi + 3g iPad as well as a base 13" MBP tomorrow.

I'm an Apple whore and spreading my virus.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well, welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors Forums! Here's a little light reading that may prove helpful:

Helpful Information for New Mac users

7. minik macrumors 65816

8. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

Me Toooo

I didnt feel like waiting. Its kinda neat app, but the widget realy gave me all I needed. Ive been Appleholic since Summer 2008. Put Ubuntu on my win Desktop...got me an ipad, iphone and macbook. I had a few withdrawel symtoms..like I miss irfanview.....bt I got over it.haha. I dont miss wiping my hard drive clean, reinstalling everything I own, running worthless malware programs that dont do what they advertise. I have never formatted my MAc, never had to reinstall my OS. This may sound odd to longtime apple users, but Windows people know what Im talkin' about.

9. stlsot macrumors newbie

stlsot

Command key drag and "poof"!! Thanks so much!

10. Franktv415 macrumors member

11. salza07 macrumors newbie

It slides over the menu bar but doesn't get dropped off!!

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Don't drag them across the Menu Bar. Drag them down off of it and let go.