Improve Flash on 800Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by macnerd93, Dec 30, 2011.

1. macnerd93 macrumors 6502a

macnerd93

Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been covered before, if it has could you direct me to it.

I have a 800Mhz Power Mac G4 Quicksilver with 1.25GB RAM, and the ATI Radeon 7500 32MB Graphics chip. I use this as my main desktop machine along with my Unibody MacBook Pro for University and stuff and I just wanted to know what is the best way to improve the playback and flash performance on this aging 2002 machine, so its actually useable.

Thanks alot

Ryan

2. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

What I do with my 800mhz TiBook with 1gb RAM is right click on the flash content, settings, un-tick hardware acceleration under the section with the monitor with a play sign in the middle (don't ask me why, it just helps, trust me :p ), then go into the section with the folder and bump the bar up to unlimited.

This helps me a lot, I can play 240p YouTube very smoothly and it can just about handle 360p. I also watch TV on it and that runs smoothly.

Hope this works for you too! Good luck :)

3. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

you should start by reading the FAQ on my sig.It has lots of options for a better flash experience.

4. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

My recommendation though, stay away from flash as much as possible.

5. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

There are plenty of threads here in the PowerPC area that explain how to make flash work well. No one wants to type the same info 100+ times so just use search in the top right.

6. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

And even I compiled some of them in the FAQ and you in the others in the PowerPC site...