Improve Mophie Headphone jack & microUSB

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by duggram, Oct 12, 2013.

1. duggram macrumors 6502

duggram

Verizon sold me a Mophie Jucie Pack Air case for my 5S. The only problems I've noticed are the headphone jack and microUSB connections. The headphone jack requires their proprietary cable extension. I haven't looked for another brand, but Mophie is sending a replacement.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this headphone jack issue with their Mophie case on a 5S. Is there anyway to improve the connection? I've thought about filing a groove in the case to allow a normal cable to fit, but don't want to ruin the case.

With the micro USB I had the same issue with my 4S mophie case. It's just sensitive, and other micro USB cables are worse. Even the cable from the 4S case doesn't work well with the 5S case. Mophie won't help with this.

Any suggestions for improving a micro connection so I can use other cables?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I just don't use any extender with my earbuds.

I just slide off the bottom of the Mophie, thread my cord through, plug it into my phone, then slide the bottom of the Mophie back on. I haven't had a problem with any of mine fitting, including my V-Moda, Klipsch Image and the Apple earbuds.

3. duggram thread starter macrumors 6502

duggram

I use Bose QC-3s because they have iPhone controls inline on the chord (I telecommute and use my phone a lot) and they're left over from my traveling days. The problem with them is that they have plug with an almost 90 angle to it.

But I do like your idea. I'll check to see if I can find a generic extension that I can use with your method.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'm sure you can find one, I have a cheap junk one from eBay that cost about $3, I used it with a pair of earbuds I used to have that had a funny shaped plug, which wouldn't fit through the case I had on my 4S.

5. xraytech macrumors 68020

That's just the Nature of the Beast when the headphone port is at the bottom of the iPhone.

I use BT headphones so I have no issue with how it is designed. As for the Micro USB connection, mine works just fine.