improve the performance?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chihiro, Feb 23, 2008.

1. chihiro macrumors regular

hey
    i would like to ask you how can I improve the performance of my MBP(leopard). I am using thit programme MainMenu
    with which i am cleaning the scripts.
    should I clean anything else? like DS_Store files or ?

so I would like to as you what should I clean or maintain to improve commuter performance please?

thanks

2. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

How much RAM does your MacBook Pro have? You may consider adding some memory to improve overall system performance.

As far as maintenance tasks, as long as you keep everything cleaned up, make sure you've got about 15-20% hard drive space free at all times and make sure those scripts get run.

3. phenixbleu macrumors member

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

What is it that you are trying to improve? You are being too vague. Is it a certain application, or OS X overall?

If it is OS X overall, installing more RAM won't really help unless you are exceeding the 2GB's already installed.

Use Activity Monitor (spotlight it) and see how much memory you are using. Add the Wired and Active memory amounts together to see how much memory you are using.

If confused by that, read: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107918