improved/Added to the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlr, Jun 9, 2010.

1. nlr macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the following things have been improved/Added to the iphone 4 from the 3GS?

1. Ringtone Volume (It wasn't that loud comparing to other phones)
    2. Vibrate (Wasn't as strong as other phones)
    3. Custom Ringtones/ MMS tones

I'm comparing those features to my blackberry 9700.

Regards,
    nlr

2. dhjapple89 macrumors member

1. Won't know until the iPhone 4 goes public.
    2. Won't know until the iPhone 4 goes public.
    3. The iOS 4 for the 3G and 3GS do not have custom MMS.

All iPhones already have custom Ringtones. You make them via iTunes. Very easy to make.

3. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Can't we do custom ringtones thru iTunes-just not text tones? EDIT: Beat me.

I really want a better vibrate. My 3G's vibrate feels so cheap compared to other phones. The iPhones feels like...idk kinda like it has more time in between the vibrations. Other phones it feels really smooth.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

1) How many iPhones have you tried? I've found this varies a bit from iPhone to iPhone. I'm not sure if it's something they've been improving during the year or what, but I've heard some iPhones that are VERY loud! Much louder than mine, and they've been the same model. I think this is a problem they've already fixed, honestly.

2) No idea

3) You can do custom ringtones already

4) Would be nice but I'm sure we'd have heard by now if they chanegd it, so I'm guessing 'no' on this one.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

The ringer is loud enough for me. I'd like the speakerphone to be louder and the vibrate to be a little more powerful though. I don't want the vibrate as powerful as most blackberry's though. You can hear those vibrate for so far away, it kind of defeats the purpose of having it on vibrate in the first place.

6. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502

My friends 3GS isn't loud at all and the vibration is very weak, I don't hear it in traffic and I can't even feel the vibration at all in my pocket only when its in my hand but my Blackberry 9700 is very loud and powerful which is disappointing on the iphone side..

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Good point. The iPhone is close (but not quite) to the point where I wonder about leaving it on vibrate in movie theaters.

If it was louder I'd have to put airplane mode on, so why even have vibrate mode in that case?

8. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

The iPhone vibrate makes more sound than vibrations. My friends android phone vibrate was silent and felt really cool kinda like a wii controller.

9. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if these been fixed/implemented in the iphone 4?