Improved battery life with 10.5.2?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CyberBob859, Feb 15, 2008.

1. CyberBob859 macrumors 6502

CyberBob859

Ever since I upgraded my MacBook to Leopard, and specifically to 10.5.2, I'm noticing that I'm getting much better battery life on this machine versus when it ran Tiger.

This is a 1.83 GHz Core Duo MacBook, 2 GB of RAM, with a WD 120 GB hard drive.

Previously, with Tiger and I how I typically use the computer, I would normally get around 2 hours to 2 hours, 15 minutes of life before getting a "You are now running on reserved power" warning message.

Now, I'm routinely getting close to 2.5 hours of battery life. And today, it pushed 2 hours 35 minutes.

I normally use my machine at three-quarters brightness and have the setting for "better energy savings" on battery power. I do "office-type" work, and surf the web. Sometimes I have music on in the background, other times not.

Has anybody else noticed this with Leopard and 10.5.2? Needless to say, I'm happy with this result.

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I am getting around 15 minutes more with my 2.16 17" CD MBP. That's not a whole lot, but it makes a difference in being able to use my MBP for an entire class on battery instead of getting cut off 15 minutes before the end.

3. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

You know, I thought I'd imagined this, but now I'm not so sure - I seem to be now getting close to four hours life with my Mac Book Pro, as opposed to approx three an a half - I didn't consider the recent upgrade to 10.5.2 until now, but it does seem I'm getting a little more out of the battery?