Improved battery life with MBP and Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Enzo Morocioli, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Enzo Morocioli macrumors newbie

Have any of you noticed runtime differences on your MBP's since upgrading to Lion? I've got a mid-2009 version, 2.53ghz with 4GB of ram, and I seem to be getting much longer runtimes than under snow leopard. I haven't done extensive testing, but it feels like I've gained over an hour while still doing regular tasks such as running firefox with tabs open, a youtube video rolling, and some text editing. It seems wrong, so maybe it's reporting incorrectly, or maybe the OS is more efficient? At any rate, let me know if you guys notice anything.

2. PFTem macrumors newbie

Improved battery life on MBP early 2011 15" i7 running Lion

Hi,

Yes I thought I'd noticed this too. Like you, I haven't done any testing, but I'm sure my perception of longer run times is not just my imagination. I seem to get probably 1, perhaps even 2 more hours out of the battery; and if I turn the brightness of the screen down then the battery now seems to last the best part of a whole day! That's incredible considering how much raw power is under the hood of my MBP. I don't run very power hungry apps, but I do surf the web a lot and work with Pages and listen to iTunes.

Don't you just love Apple? :) :apple:

3. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

My battery has been shot by Lion unfortunately :/ I get about 2 hours out of it now!

My CPU idles at 72ºC, so I think that might be something to do with it... It ran this hot in Snow Leopard, usually a minimum of around 70ºC. I think it might need cleaning, all the dust and stuff...