Improved speak sound (or just my imagination?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nconnella, Apr 24, 2010.

1. nconnella macrumors regular

So I opened Applications/Utilites/Audio MIDI Setup and changed the format to 32bit from 24bit and I swear the sound got a bit better. Is it my imagination or can anyone else confirm this? Is there a reason not to set it to 32bit? Also you can balance your speakers here if the right one being louder bothers you (I didn't turn it down because the speakers are quiet enough as is.) God I wish there was an override to make these speakers louder. I can't hear crap when I watch Hulu. Itunes is fine for the most part but some internet programs are output at such a low volume...

2. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I am not sure, but your finding is very interesting. I'd be interested in what others have to say about this. :confused:

3. nconnella thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone have experience with Audio Hijack? Trying to get a little more volume out of my speakers for quieter programs. I followed instructions on hijacking my Default System Input to increase the gain and all I get is this horrible feedback sound.

**follow up** Okay I got Audio Hijack working and I have to say it's a miracle program. FIRST if you're having problems in itunes with volume, open the Equalizer and crank up the Preamp. But if anyone else is struggling to hear stuff on youtube, and Hulu, get Audio Hijack. It makes the sound SO much better. Just make sure not to play things too loud and wreck your speakers. The fact is Apple way underpowered these speakers and this solves it. Cheers.