Improvements in Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lexus, Jun 28, 2007.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Are there any new features in Mail for Leopard except the stationary and to do thing? I think mail could do with a complete redesign.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What sort of enhancements and features are you after? :)

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mate, that functionality is built into Mail via Spotlight. If it's not working for you then maybe you should reindex Spotlight. You can do this by adding your Hard Drive to the Privacy section of Spotlight's Preferences and then removing it again. Depending on how many files you have, it'll take a while to re-index. :)

4. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Spotlight should handle what you're describing, so unless you're trying to do something out of the ordinary you might want to either re-evaluate Mail's Spotlight search. If it appears to not be turning up obvious search matches you might want to re-index Spotlight.

Edit: mad_jew is just too fast...

5. mediaguru macrumors regular

I would love to see a message priority option. Seems there's no way to mark an email "urgent" in the current mail.app.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Erm... don't you have a pull-down with an exclamation point in it on the lower right of the header for an e-mail? I think that's what it's for, isn't it? I personally never use priority, but I think urgency and priority are the same. If you don't have it, click on the icon on the left side of the header, and select customize. You should see it as an option at the right end, then, you can select it and then click OK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mediaguru macrumors regular

That is just what I was looking for (though it would be convenient to have it as a toolbar button). And to think I completely overlooked this option! :eek: Thanks!

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You're welcome! :) I think, if you enable it once as shown, it'll always be there for new messages automatically without you having to do it again. That's why I wasn't even sure if I had enabled it or it had always been there. :eek: :D