Improving Mac Pro 1,1 Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by speekez, Oct 4, 2012.

1. speekez macrumors 6502

Hi all

I have the Mac Pro 1,1 with the original built in Bluetooth. I recently had to move my tower a bit further away from my Apple wireless keyboard and Apple wireless Magic Mouse, and the response time of the mouse has suffered some. It's often jittery or slow. The tower is maybe 6 - 7 feet tops from the mouse.

Are there any ways to improve the Bluetooth. I know in some Mac Pros, the bluetooth was incorrectly wired, and I already addressed that. I also marked my mouse as a Favorite.

Is there a newer internal blue tooth module that would improve range? Bluetooth 2.0? Or a USB dongle -- or would that interfere with built in blue tooth.

thanks

2. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

It's not much better with a 2010 Mac Pro. The bluetooth radio in the MP's seems to have a very short span. A dongle made matters worse in general for me.

3. bax2003 macrumors 6502a

bax2003

Endless range problems...MP 2008, 2010,...KB is fine but Magic Mouse is jumpy etc. I use USB hub on my DELL 2412M and in one of 4 USBs (on the side) i have Bluetooth dongle....this one:

http://intexuae.com/?products=bluetooth-adaptor-nano-it-bt06m

Magic Mouse is working fine now. Original Bluetooth is physically disconnected.