Improving my 13' MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TrueBlue24, Jun 16, 2012.

1. TrueBlue24 macrumors newbie

Ok I have a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 13' MacBook Pro. I would say that about 75% of my memory is taken up by my music (I have almost 25,000 songs on my iTunes) and recently I've noticed my computer slow down remarkably. Is there any way to put this music on some external memory while still keeping it in my iTunes. I guess an alternative would be to keep all my music on my notebook hard drive and any future things could be kept externally. I would obviously not be able to keep an external HDD attached to my notebook permanently but is there any SD card I could use or something to that effect? Thanks in advance for any advice!

P.S. - If there is no solution to this, I will probably just end up getting the new MacBook with the most storage.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Having things stored on your hard drive will not impact performance, unless you're almost out of disk space. Performance issues are directly related to what's running, not what's stored or installed.

Performance Tips For Mac OS X
    How to split a single iTunes library over two or more media locations

3. Geo411m macrumors regular

I would get a hard drive caddy and put the hard drive in the superdrive slot and put an SSD drive in place of the standard hard drive. Then you can delete all OSX files on the drive and use it only for your media.

4. serb macrumors newbie

25,000 songs... HOW?! must have took a lot of time

and what GGJstudios said

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios