Improving .pdf quality in Pages conversion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chicorayner, Dec 4, 2010.

1. chicorayner macrumors newbie

I am trying to send a wide format poster file to Staples and the error keeps reading that the quality is too low. I have tried formatting it to .jpeg, .tiff, .png, .bmp, but nothing works. I have determined that it must be the original export to .pdf that is the trouble. I have tried to create a .pdf file through the print option on iPages as well as through the Export option to formulate a .pdf file. The end result seems to be the same. Does anyone know how I can increase the quality of the .pdf file or if there is a program out there that I can download to create a higher resolution conversion? Is there someway I can make the conversion to one of the files listed above higher? or am I right in thinking that the problem lies with the original .pdf conversion? I need to get a banner poster done by next weekend so I was hoping to get this issue resolved over this weekend. Most of the information on the file is just pure text and gradient fills. I even tried removing the three head shots to see if the photos were the problem...but nope. Thanks kindly. Have a wonderful Day! :)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

First off, it is Pages, not iPages. To you larger question, there is no way to help you without seeing the source Pages file. That said, you cannot create resolution where none exists. The resolution of your PDF can be no better than the resolution of the raster graphics in your source file.

When you convert the Pages file to a raster graphics format like .jpeg, .tiff, .png, .bmp, the result is either an enormous file or one of low resolution.

3. chicorayner thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, didn't mean to say "iPages". :eek: Thanks for your help.