Improving Upload Speed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mohzus, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Mohzus macrumors newbie

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I'm having problems with my upload speeds on utorrent. I'm currently only getting 0.1-0.5k displaying every so often. I've tried changing the upload restriction speeds and im not downloading anything shown below. Also my speedtest shown is at the same time utorrent is running with those torrents seeding. Any help would be appreciated! Also I'm using rMBP 15inch with 16RAM if needed...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/255/screenshot20130206at338.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/screenshot20130206at339.png/

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

3. Mohzus thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried the website and came up with no detection of my ISP throttling both downloading and uploading, also gave these results

Attached Files:

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Odd. Try a different Bittorrent client, like Transmission.

5. Mohzus thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright i'll give it a try!

Quick question though, in transmission how would i transfer the torrent i've already downloaded to have them seeding again. I know it's something like a "Force Recheck" option but not exactly sure the proper steps

6. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

As long as you tell Transmission where the downloads are kept in its Settings, it will just be a matter of adding the .torrent file to Transmission, and when prompted to, telling it to verify. Once it's verified, it should start seeding.

7. Mohzus thread starter macrumors newbie

So with transmission I'm still only getting around 50-60k, better than 0.1-0.5k with utorrent but im just making sure if this is normal for the tests that i've done or if there is something else I'm missing?

8. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Speed tests report in bits per second. Transmission reports in bytes per second. This can make understanding your speeds somewhat confusing. Kb = kilobit, KB = kilobyte. Capitalization is important with units, which is where the confusion stems from.

480 kilobits per second / 8 bits per byte = 60 kilobytes per second.

So your reporting of 50-60 kilobytes per second sounds accurate based on the Glasnost report.

9. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Let me pull out my crystal ball:
    My sources tell me that you haven't forwarded the port on your router. I have no idea what that means, but that's what they say.

10. Mohzus thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks! Makes sense now.