imy phone 3g does not chrge!! please read this

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asanka000, Nov 26, 2009.

1. asanka000 macrumors newbie

3 days ago i let my iphone 3g battery to discharge completely to calibrate it. but after couple of hours i noticed it's not charging. no charging screen and not turns on. just like dead. i plugged it in whole night and tried with both PC and wall charger. no result.
    so i thought problem is in the battery and get it out and charge separately from a DC power source. i know how to disassemble iphone 3g and i did it. it's battery has 4 pins(usually mobile phone batteries has 3 pins ). i figured out + and - pins but don't know what is the charge pin(third pin of a usual battery) because there are two. any how i connected + and - pins to 4.5V DC 350ma source for 2 hours. but battery didn't wormed. and assembled the phone. then it turned on only with the charger connected, that means apple logo came for couple of seconds and crashed. again i let it to charge whole night but no progress. also i again charged it separately but no progress. i think motherboard is ok. and battery is also ok because my battery is 1 month old and i tried with another battery which bought from ebay!!
    please any expert help me with this. also im out of USA and no apple care here!! and no warranty for my phone. please let me know how to charge this battery separately??.

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I wouldn't try and charge the battery out of the phone. If it was me, I would again change out the battery for new and possibly change out the dock connector. It wouldn't cost much and might resolve it.

3. asanka000 thread starter macrumors newbie

re

i replaced the battery with brand new one but no result. also i think dock connector is working because apple logo only comes when charger or PC is connected!! any other ideas?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Put the phone into DFU mode (see sig) and then restore it.

5. asanka000 thread starter macrumors newbie

ya i tried it. i put it into DFU mode and i tunes detected it. then in the restoring procure itunes restart the phone. after white light, phone crashes and itunes wait for phone and give the error message!! i think it doesn't have enough power to restart!! please help

6. asanka000 thread starter macrumors newbie