In 4.0 we need/DESERVE colour management

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ri0ku, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

In the 4.0 update I think we really should get the ability in settings to manage the colours of our ipad screens...like calibrate them because at the moment they are not showing colours properly.. and I know this I have been through 3 ipads now and all have been the same.

Images look far different on ipad with colours compared to other screens.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/197755-color-management-test-ipad.html

Try that, that image shows up green on all the other machines/monitors and devices in my house but on the ipad its blue.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Good luck with that. I wouldn't hold your breath.

3. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I suppose it could be a nice option. But if we didn't have it, no big deal.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea man bit of a far shot :( would love it though! im very colour fussy :(

5. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

its a huge deal to me, I want to use this thing as a portfolio to show my work. If its not displaying colours accurately enough images look bad.

I would be really happy if this was somehow added with the 4.0 update. Just the ability to control the colours on the screen or at least some other preset modes... Things like warmth/ movie mode/ presentation mode/ or something along those lines where the colours change to slightly different tints depending on what you want.

Iv been looking around today about this because i notice the colour difference straight away on web pages etc because I do allot of digital art. When searching I found allot of posts from photographers. So It cant be just me.

6. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

It would be nice, especially if they're serious about it being an artists'/designers' tool.

I'd settle for a brightness control that's (nearly) as accessible as the volume controls.

7. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Iv thought of a way that could be solved... imagine this.. you hold the home button down while using the volume controls to adjust brightness? it would work

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Well like most things having to do with the iPad, it seems you either have to make a compromise or just not use it. If color is really that important to you, perhaps the iPad isn't for you.

9. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

na I still enjoy using the ipad so im keeping it, however its annoying that a "magical" device with the "best way to browse the web" cannot colour manage. They kept explaining how photographs look amazing on the ipad however... they dont look the same and as good as on nearly every other device from this day and age.

Hoping they will fix this in the future.

Still a great device though.

10. PCClone macrumors 6502a

If all three were the same, I would conclude the iPad is not the issue. :D

11. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

12. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im not the issue, that image i linked to clearly proves I am right, There is no Colour management within the iphone OS. I really needs to have it for proffesional photographers and graphic designers etc.

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This is MacRumors, no one here has any input on future products or features, but if you want your voice heard, here is the best place to do so.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html