Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Sorry for all my threads, I promise this is my last one for a while. I'm in a bit of a rough spot. I lost my 6S which was working great and with a smooth Jailbreak, now I'm on my old 6 as a backup phone but it's slow and laggy and it's on iOS 8 so several apps won't work.

I want to get a functional Jailbroken phone on a newer iOS and found a Jailbroken X but I'd hate to buy it only to see the new X and iOS 12 become Jailbroken shortly after release. Doesn't it usually take at least a few months for them to Jailbreak a new version of iOS? How long has it taken in the past? I'd like to just buy this X but don't want to regret it. Thanks again.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
From the past jail breaks can take some time to come out, sometimes months. Get the X you want and live with it or go back to the 6.
Yeah. I also have the option of a 6S I found online, that would be the same as my phone I lost. My problem, however, is it seems like the more time passes the less apps work with older software. iOS 10.2 will soon become very dated.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Sorry for all my threads, I promise this is my last one for a while. I'm in a bit of a rough spot. I lost my 6S which was working great and with a smooth Jailbreak, now I'm on my old 6 as a backup phone but it's slow and laggy and it's on iOS 8 so several apps won't work.

I want to get a functional Jailbroken phone on a newer iOS and found a Jailbroken X but I'd hate to buy it only to see the new X and iOS 12 become Jailbroken shortly after release. Doesn't it usually take at least a few months for them to Jailbreak a new version of iOS? How long has it taken in the past? I'd like to just buy this X but don't want to regret it. Thanks again.

Get the X...My Uncle Sam always said "a bird in hand is better than two in the bush"

Reactions: TH55

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah. I also have the option of a 6S I found online, that would be the same as my phone I lost. My problem, however, is it seems like the more time passes the less apps work with older software. iOS 10.2 will soon become very dated.

I am afraid it is the price one pays for JB. Hope you get it worked out.

Techman82

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2016
So you think my best option is the Jailbroken X w the latest software?
Forget the jailbreak man, just buy the iPhone you can afford and enjoy it, I went through all that crack before with Android, rooting and installing roms all the time but I was never enjoying the experience of the phone and the content and was always looking for something new, trying to do this and that, but then I thought one day what am i doing, installing new software, all my apps again, you seem like you can afford a decent iphone if your looking at getting an X, so wait a few weeks and get the new X and just enjoy man, don't mind these jailbreaks, for what?, you end up with apps not working and lag, forget them.

Reactions: -BigMac-

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Forget the jailbreak man, just buy the iPhone you can afford and enjoy it, I went through all that crack before with Android, rooting and installing roms all the time but I was never enjoying the experience of the phone and the content and was always looking for something new, trying to do this and that, but then I thought one day what am i doing, installing new software, all my apps again, you seem like you can afford a decent iphone if your looking at getting an X, so wait a few weeks and get the new X and just enjoy man, don't mind these jailbreaks, for what?, you end up with apps not working and lag, forget them.
It's all about the swipe gestures. They're indispensable. I feel like I'm handicapped using stock iOS. They've started implementing them finally but they still have a ways to go.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It's all about the swipe gestures. They're indispensable. I feel like I'm handicapped using stock iOS. They've started implementing them finally but they still have a ways to go.
You can call Apple intentionally handicap people by implementing half-baked swipe gestures. Either way, as future public jailbreak becoming increasingly more difficult to find and exploit, I would stick with stock iOS and get my job done instead of searching for tweaks.

Techman82

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2016
You can call Apple intentionally handicap people by implementing half-baked swipe gestures. Either way, as future public jailbreak becoming increasingly more difficult to find and exploit, I would stick with stock iOS and get my job done instead of searching for tweaks.
Yes i agree and aswell the X is all swipe gestures compared to the 6s and the like so the X would be more for you ( thread starter) than pre-X iphones, for the few things jailbreak gives you, you can also lose functionality and stability, it's not worth it, not now anyway.

Reactions: EM2013

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Yes i agree and aswell the X is all swipe gestures compared to the 6s and the like so the X would be more for you ( thread starter) than pre-X iphones, for the few things jailbreak gives you, you can also lose functionality and stability, it's not worth it, not now anyway.
Like I said, the X has implemented SOME gestures, but it's still night and day.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Doesn't it usually take at least a few months for them to Jailbreak a new version of iOS? How long has it taken in the past? I'd like to just buy this X but don't want to regret it. Thanks again.
For someone who’s obsessed with jailbreaking, you ask the same questions over and over in regards to jailbreaking.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/is-it-very-likely-there-will-be-a-jb-for-11-4.2133319/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-long-before-we-can-expect-a-jb-for-ios-12.2133422/

It never comes out immediately.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
It wouldnt be the first time to see a jailbreak release in the week of a new iPhone launch.

They have the whole beta phase to start figuring out the iOS process.

As suggested, just buy the new one and don’t jailbreak. Maybe even the new release will come with new gestures;)

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
It wouldnt be the first time to see a jailbreak release in the week of a new iPhone launch.

They have the whole beta phase to start figuring out the iOS process.

As suggested, just buy the new one and don’t jailbreak. Maybe even the new release will come with new gestures;)
When has there been a JB release in the week of a new iPhone launch? That would be awesome but I can't remember that happening anytime recently. It seems every release gets more and more difficult to crack.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
When has there been a JB release in the week of a new iPhone launch? That would be awesome but I can't remember that happening anytime recently. It seems every release gets more and more difficult to crack.
Back in the day tbh i dont remember mustve been around ios5 or 6. Since then its pretty difficult and takes a lot longer

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Well judging from your 9(!) different topics out of the first twenty, all on the same subject and the similar replies/observations from several different members I beg to differ...

Last edited:
Reactions: braddick and EM2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.