in a pathetic attempt to show my anger...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by miklagio777, Jan 6, 2009.

1. miklagio777 macrumors member

I bought a refurb :p..... I waited so damn long for the new iMac and nothing so enraged i bought a refurb.. I invite everyone else who waited to do the same... show em whos boss (sarcasm).

2. children macrumors regular

i thought you were gonna say you went for a dell or something.. :D
    i guess nothing gets you THAT angry..

3. ninjadex macrumors 6502

You realize that the "spotlight" will be on desktops next, right? Clearly Apple did not give a crud about Macworld, and is obviously holding it's cards for now.

4. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

Which is my happy side of my anger right now. I know that they want to dedicate a seperate time for this which will mean better stuff. And come on...ilife late january, iwork late january, blahblahblah late january? I think we know when it's coming.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

In late January?

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

right, but maybe the OP was tired of waiting and trying to guess apple's next move. Those who have been waiting for a mini update have been sitting on their hands for well over a year now.

7. BenEndeem macrumors 6502

Well I'll probably wait, though some of the refurbished iMacs look tempting.

OP: Hope you enjoy your purchase.

8. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I think it will be interesting to see what the "refurb inventory" looks like in a few days. It seems like a lot of people are considering going this way in light of the lack of new computer announcements.

9. jacobsen1 macrumors member

so....

anything bad about Mac's refurbs? I'm very tempted to save the $300 on the 24" I was looking at getting a refurbed from the store -vs- buying from B&H....

10. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

True, but on a positive note, when you've been sitting on your hands for that long they start to feel like someone else's . . .

Phwoar.

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Heh… that never worked for me.
    :D :eek:

12. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I did the same as the OP. Just laid down just over a grand on a refurb 3.06ghz 24" iMac. Its a matter of necessity for me. I have photographs that need post-processing and the clients can't wait any longer!

13. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Just over a grand? They're $1899 through Apple...Where'd you get it so cheap?

14. superbungalow macrumors member

15. jacobsen1 macrumors member

so if you buy refurbed now, will you get iLife 09 at the $9.95 rate?

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/campaigns/popup/ilife?mco=MTYzNDU2Mg

16. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

If you really want to teach em a lesson build a Hackintosh...

17. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Indeed I do.

18. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Better yet, go out and build yourselves hackintoshes.

19. jacobsen1 macrumors member

w00t, I pulled the trigger on the 24" iMac last night as well. The 500gb, 3.06 nvidia one. It's my first mac, so I'm stoked. I'm actually really excited how this played out for me. I ended up saving $300 off the retail price getting refurbed, so some of the apple nosebleed pricing sting is gone, and I'm getting what I want with iLife 09 for $10... So it's really win win for me, save a bit, get the new software, and finally get the new computer.

I'm stoked to finally have my own mac to mess with over using friends/family's. It'll be very interesting to see how I like it after a week/month/year.

20. iBookie macrumors newbie

Refurbs can be great deals

Might not mean much. Could just mean a great deal. It seems Apple has quietly dumped new inventory as "refurb" in the past to clear inventory. Got a brand spanking new iPod that way once. Definately not a refurb. Could be a good way to go if the config works for you.

21. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

all my mac purchases ever have been refurbs. You get one year warranty and can still buy apple care. I think I would have probably waited until iLife 09 ships, because if you wait until then, you can get it with your refurb mac purchase for free

22. jacobsen1 macrumors member

how do you know it was new?

well if you bought yesterday, or going forward, you get iLife09 for $9.95 once it starts shipping... I called and made sure because I want it. ;)

23. Soxy macrumors member

Quite unlikely, but Apple's refurbs are seriously as-new, if I didn't get a full HE UK Discount, I'd buy everything Refurb, very high quality. Remember that refurbs aren't necessarily second hand that someone has owned for a year then broke, if I bought a brand new iMac today, switched it on once then put it back in the box and returned it tomorrow it'd be sold as a refurb.

I think it'll actually be illegal for them to sell new products as refurbs.

24. miklagio777 thread starter macrumors member

cool, how do i do that?