In a sea of complaints...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kokawaiii, Aug 23, 2008.

1. kokawaiii macrumors newbie

I've been reading this forum for a while now, at least since I've gotten my 3g anyway :p and I'm more of a reader than a writer probably why I haven't post so far till now...
    I've read so many negative threads but too few positive ones about the iPhone. Are the claims about the iphone malfunctioning really justified? Probably yes. I have had apps crash, iPod crash and the most annoying of them all Safari crash. Will I throw a fit and start raising hell in a forum about it? It's pointless. Instead I'll just equip myself with patience and hope apple will sort things out.
    Despite it's shortcomings I adore my iPhone, because of its uniqueness and simplicity. Sure it might not be loaded up with the latest tech for example the omnia, but it does what it was advertised to do and does well.
    I think alot of consumers bought the iphone because of the hype and the cool factor despite not knowing if the iPhone suits their needs. That's regretable and if they are smart they should return the product and move on. My point is despite enjoying reading this forum alot, it should only be taken with a grain of salt.
    Don't for one second think all the bad threads = omg this is the end for Apple.
    In fact I find it hilarious yet sad how some people can overreact.
    I won't lie to you. Myself have been fooled by the bad posts and haven't dared to update my iPhone for fear the sky would fall on my head. But I did. Went from 2.0 to 2.02 in less than 10 mins without hassle.
    Neways sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my point.

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Very true. The 2% of people who have problems will always be much louder than the 98% who don't, simply because the 98% have nothing to complain about.

3. jacksam101 macrumors member

Bravo!!

Hopefully these threads will forums will settle down soon.

None of the people I know who have bought an iPhone have had any trouble with them - occasional app crashes - yes, but then show me a computer that doesn't crash (cos the iPhone is a handheld computer, not just a phone) - I've had far more crashes uses PocketPC smartphones.

4. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I think it's great the you are happy with your phone but *if* you experienced problems, like many of us do, you would jump in the "sea of complaints" for a swim. :p

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Can I complain about this thread? I mean it's gotta have at least one complaint in it right?

I love my iPhone, it's the best thing since the toaster and the flying toasters screen save I used to have in the 90s. :D