In a tough dilemma

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Theod0re, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Theod0re, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

Theod0re macrumors member

I've got a jailbroken 3GS with the 4.3.3 firmware. Most of my native apps don't work (as soon as they open, they close) and any new apps I install from Cydia seem to be doing the same thing.

I tried to restore it (back to 4.3.3 of course) and it gives me the error that my device does not support that build. My sleep/wake button on the top of the phone is broken, so I can't effectively put it into DFU mode. Maybe after a long time of trying and jamming it down it might work (that's what I had to do to jailbreak it in the first place). I tried downloading an app that would let me turn off my phone/put it in DFU but as I mentioned above, the app will just open and close right away.

Is there anything else I can do to alleviate this problem? I'd like my phone to be more functional than this. I didn't want to update to the new firmware either, after hearing all the warnings.

2. Ponchobot macrumors member

You can't restore to 4.3.3 anymore. They're not signing it. So you are stuck with 4.3.4. Sorry man. Its just how it is now.

3. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

I'm not stuck with 4.3.4 because I haven't upgraded to it yet as I originally stated. I have the 4.3.3 firmware still saved on my desktop too.

There has to be another way to fix it than having to restore and update to 4.3.4

4. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Save the SHSH blobs via iFaith. Update to 4.3.4, and then restore to 4.3.3 from iFaith.

5. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

Can I get that for Mac? I'm having a tough time finding it.

Can't I use another one like TinyUmbrella? I need to make sure this works because I don't want to lose the jailbreak functionality. Because when all else fails I can tether MyWi to my iTouch and use what I need through there.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you haven't already saved your blobs via Cydia,Ifaith or Tiny Umbrella it's to late because Apple is now only signing 4.3.4. After Apple stops signing a Firmware it's to late to save the blobs for it. even if you haven't updated once Apple stops signing it's to late to save the blob.

7. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wrong. Ifaith allows you to dump the shsh blob of the firmware device is running irrespective of apple signing them or not.
    To OP sorry there is no ifaith for Mac. Don't update to 4.3.4 . Dont listen to ppl who say that .
    Get access to a windows pc.
    Dump blobs
    Make a signed ipsw using those blobs
    Put phone In pwned dfu.
    Restore from iTunes.

Use fixrecovery on ur Mac to boot phone back out of rexovery mode which you will encounter after teh restore :)

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

tell me how everything I read said Apple must be saved I lost all my shsh blobs from 4.0.1 to 4.3 because I exchanged my I4 I have 4.3.3 on my new device ran Ifaith still have 4.3.3. everything I have read says Apple must still be signing it! so yes please correct me and tell me how!

9. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Google. :)
    Ifaith is the first and only shsh dumper that dumps shsh blobs of the firmware device is on.
    Or you can ask it's dev ;-)
    I have used it. I have helped many ppl with it on many sites.
    Man you are so back in time :p