In about 60min i'm going to buy...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apple.fan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. apple.fan macrumors member

apple.fan

In about 60min i'm going to the apple store to order a new Macbook Pro:

15'' 2.66GHz intel core i7
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display

Any last time advices?

2. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

Nope, that's what I ordered (except mine is AG)! :) Well, that and AppleCare.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You might qualify for a student discount; if you have an alumni ID, it probably will be sufficient.

4. NOTORIOUS187 macrumors member

They don't offer the upgraded harddrive in store. You have to order it online.

5. Sequin macrumors regular

This should probably be asked elsewhere, but why is everyone so insistent on applecare? Do you have to take your computers in to get fixed a lot? o_o I've always had a PC and have NEVER taken my computer in to get fixed by somebody.

6. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

they also asked for my driver lincese when i bought mine yesterday

7. nconnella macrumors regular

Yeah, don't buy it at the Applestore. Buy it online and save hundreds by discount and not paying tax. Also buy your Applecare off ebay and pay $130 with no tax instead of $350. They email you the registration number and you can activate it right away. Then either put all the money you saved in the bank or buy some fun accessories!

8. ttran88 macrumors regular

purchase applecare through ebay. I just bought my apple care for only 95 dollars and just signed up for it perfectly. save 150 for yourself

9. nconnella macrumors regular

Note you're Applecare will cost closer to what I said above, ttran88 has a 13" so his Applecare was cheaper. But ebay is the only way to go!

10. apple.fan thread starter macrumors member

apple.fan

I'm from Portugal and here the only desavantage of buying it in the store is that take longer to come. If i buy online only has 1 year of garanty and in the store(not an official apple store because ther's none here) i have 2 years of garanty. Plus the discount online and at the store its the same.

11. nconnella macrumors regular

If I'm correct, as long as you have Applecare those other guarantees don't matter. You can buy your Applecare off ebay because Applecare is worldwide. But You will know better than me how things work in your country.

12. apple.fan thread starter macrumors member

apple.fan

so...have 2 years of garanty with no extra money or 3 years of apple care with 150 more...i don't know...i was going to spend all my money already, i think that i dont have enough for that

13. Lloyd Christmas macrumors regular

I find it hard to understand why you are having trouble spending an extra few hundred dollars when you are spending more than $1200 already. Dont forget that you have an year from the date of purchase to buy applecare. You dont need to buy it right away. Lloyd