in aperture, how can i find referenced masters?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eroxx, Jun 22, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I apparantly have 43 pictures that are referenced and not in my "main": library .. how do I find them and then "bring them over?"

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well when you import any or all files into Aperture, do you have it set to keep them in the same spot or move them over to your aperture library? Well, technically, either way, you're going to still have the original file on your computer's harddrive.

What you can do is find the name of the file and do a spotlight search of it. Find all of the pictures, move them into one folder, and important that folder into the Aperture program (however you import the pics). Hope that helps :)

3. MacProDude macrumors member

IIRC, you can "bring them over" without finding them first by going to the File menu and selecting "Consolidate Master...". You may need to select the referenced files first. Hint: you can set a filter for "File status" is "Referenced", then select them, then consolidate. If that doesn't work, google on "aperture consolidate master" and you'll probably get your answer.

If you really want to know where they are, there is a way...I just forgot how (sorry!). It might be the "Locate referenced files" item.