In app advertising

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 199708, Jun 24, 2009.

1. 199708 macrumors 6502

Anyone noticed how many of the free apps have in-app advertising? its killing valuable screen space. :mad:

Luckily, I have a backup off them all from a few months ago. Anybody else re-installing their backups?. Only time I do download the latest is if its causing issues with my touch.

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Yes, it is the cost of downloading a free app. Buy the full version and those pesky ads will be gone.

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Oh yeah, its definitely not worth upgrading to the AIM with advertising. The only thing they added was PUSH and multiple screen names:rolleyes:

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Ads provide the developer some kind of revenue from an app that otherwise wouldn't generate any, since it's free. Many developers provide a free-but-ad-supported version as well as an ad-free-but-paid version. Some users are willing to live with ignoring ads if it means getting the app for free.

5. 199708 thread starter macrumors 6502

aim?

I download the latest updates, if they have new features im after only.
    But i did a test run on some apps, that were updated by the developer, with 3.0 bug fixes (usually I dont push the program far enough to discover any bugs), and find out they added some advertising to it. So i just roll it back to the previous version.

6. astrosaurus macrumors newbie

astrosaurus

I'm getting a free app and I don't expect them to just lose money on it. If they can monetize it that's cool with me. I really haven't seen any terrible offenders though, all of the ads have been moderate in size.

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have one app that has ads. After using it for so long, I don't even see the ads.