in/App paypal

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mpramodjain, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mpramodjain macrumors regular

Hi,

Following is the link for payment api for iPhone . Do any one had implemented this and got approved by the Appstore apple HIG and review process.

https://www.x.com/community/ppx/xspaces/mobile

Any how following link by apple says it wont accept the third party payment services other than apple.

https://developer.apple.com/appstore/resources/approval/guidelines.html

Do any one had any idea on this how to implement payment functionality other than inApp purchases in the iPhone appstore app.

Also if anyone know the approved apps with credit card/payment features other than apple inApp process , Please share...

Thank you .

Regards,
    Pramod Jain.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I guess the question becomes: for what product / service are you hoping to use PayPal within your app? The guideline states "Apps utilizing a system other than the In App Purchase API (IAP) to purchase content, functionality, or services in an app will be rejected" (emphasis mine). But there are approved apps that use PayPal or credit-card transactions. They just aren't using them for in-app things. What are you hoping to use them for?

3. mpramodjain, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010

mpramodjain thread starter macrumors regular

Hi dejo,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I just want to make a clear view on this issue.

For eg: If I want to buy a tickets(movie, airways,...etc) can I use the paypal library. Just need confirmation, as per approval guidelines , as it doesn't give any functionality, content or in-app services. What do you say??

Also can you please share, any appstore app names which uses Payment/Paypal functionality successfully. Just need to check UI and the way of their implementation in the app.

Thanks
    Pramod Jain.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I say it should be okay.

Go into the App Store and search for "PayPal". You should find plenty.