In-App Purchase: Buy more levels

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by cthesky, Apr 9, 2013.

1. cthesky macrumors member

Hi all,

This is my first time implement In-App Purchase in my education app. In my Menu interface, it consists 4 levels button and a "More Levels" button. When click one "More Levels" button, a store interface which consists "Buy", "Restore Transaction" button, product description and price will be displayed. User can purchase once to get all other levels by click that "Buy" button. My question is after the user purchased all the enhanced levels, should I still need to display "More Levels" button? Since they have done the purchased, is the app still need display "More Levels" button and display store interface once click it?

Any suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks. :)

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Will they only ever be able to buy once (will you never release more level packs). Without the More Levels button how could they get to the Restore Purchases? Personally I'd leave it there.

3. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I would probably present a screen that says something to the extent of

"You've already bought all levels released to date! Check back later for more levels!"

Whether you plan to release more or not.

4. cthesky thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. :)

Yup, they just buy once that will includes all available enhanced levels. I may be not release more level packs in future. Actually in my app, level 1, 2, 3 are free to play; user have to buy level 4, 5, 6 if they want continue to play. So, with one time purchase or buy once, user can get all these levels (level 4, 5, 6). Once purchased, I will show level 4, 5, 6 buttons on Menu. I am thinking whether is a need to display "More Levels" button once they done the purchase...

After user already purchased, is it still need to show the button for Restore Purchase? The "More Levels" button will be showed if the app knows that user haven't purchase the extra levels.

Any comments are welcome. :)

----------

ok, thanks for your reply. :)

So, since user already purchased it, is it still need to show the "Restore Transaction" button on that screen?

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I wouldn't think so.

In my a.k.a. app, users have the option to upgrade to an ad-free experience, via an Upgrade button on the main screen. In an info screen, I also have a Restore Upgrade button. If they tap this and complete the restore process, I remove the Restore Upgrade button from this screen as well as the Upgrade button from the main screen. Hope that helps.

P.S. I would consider retitling your "Restore Transaction" button, since it may not be obvious to the user what the "transaction" is. Perhaps something like "Restore Purchased Levels" would better suffice.

6. cthesky thread starter macrumors member

ok, thanks for your helpful reply. :) But can I know that after you upgraded to ad-free experience by click that "Upgrade" button, your app show that "Upgrade" button on Main Screen and "Restore Upgrade" button on info screen?

Yup, you are right. "Restore Purchased Levels" is more obvious and make sense for user to understand.

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

No, the Upgrade and Restore Upgrade buttons are both removed once the user has successfully completed the purchase process.