in app purchase

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by normanfox, Dec 9, 2015.

1. normanfox macrumors 6502a

I installed a free version of Infuse first and then made an in-app purchase of the Infuse Pro verson. when I go to app store and clicking on the Infuse pro, it still asked me to pay again.

anyone has this in-app purchase issue?

2. Rigby macrumors 601

Infuse Pro is a different app. If you do an in-app purchase in the regular version, the pro features are automatically enabled in that app. No need to download the Pro app.

3. normanfox thread starter macrumors 6502a

I knew that I don't need to download Pro app and regular version is enabled with pro feature after in app purchase.

technically I purchased Pro version. and one year from now, if I want to go to app store and install Pro on ATV 5 from scratch, I should not pay again. I understand it is a different app. but why it asks to pay again if you already paid for it (in a different channel)?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You say you understand, but then you say this:

You purchased the pro features for the regular app. You did not "technically" purchase the pro version.

A year from now, you can instal the regular version of the app and restore the features that you paid for.

5. normanfox thread starter macrumors 6502a

so if the developer add new features to the Pro app in the future, would the regular version get the same new features?

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd ask the dev.

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I think this is simply confusing. I do not think most Apps do this. I assume that the in app purchase would work but because they do not show the version information in the tvOS App you have no idea what version / features you have. Anyway, since I just bought last week I just got a refund on the in app purchase (from Apple iTunes Support) and then purchased the Infuse Pro App.