In app purchases on the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Mar 10, 2011.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, question for people.

I noticed on some review for an app (Cogs), some one mentioned that his in game purchases didn't transfer to his wife's iphone or his ipod. He contacted the developers and they said that is correct.

So I have two questions.

1. Is that for that app only or is that for in game purchases in general?

2. If that applies to all in game purchases in general, does that also mean when I upgrade iphones any game that I did an in game purchase will not transfer to the new iPhone (I think for me that would only affect two apps I bought but one of those would be Navigon that I purchased traffic and the east coast map as well as the west coast map which is pretty costly)?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

It's not for the app, only in app purchases.

3. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

So you mean when I get a new iphone I'll have to pay for the traffic updates and the east coast map *again* for Navigon since I bought those in app?

(and if so, I highly recommend people pay for the full version of Navigon upfront since that would transfer between iphones).

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Your apps and app data will transfer to the new phone.

5. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ah, cool :). Should have thought about it a little more (cause I should know that, when I went from my 3G to my 4 I just had it copy over the 3G info including game save data. But some how when learning that it doesn't allow you to transfer it to other iphones on the same plan had me go, wait, does that also mean if you change phones?).