In-App Purchases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eli.musgrove9, Jun 30, 2015.

1. eli.musgrove9 macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I am considering making an in-app purchase. I have a credit card connected to my account. However, I want to use my app store/itunes balance to make the purchase. How can I make the purchase without using the credit card? Any support/help welcome!

Thanks!

2. eli.musgrove9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody know how I can change the source of my payment to my itunes balance?

3. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

For me, it just defaults to store credit automatically. Any payment that is larger than the credit gets put on my default payment.

4. eli.musgrove9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Will the purchase then not show up on famliy purchases?

5. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

For my wife and myself, all of my gift card purchases have shown up in family sharing.

6. Klatti macrumors member

inApp purchases don't show up on the family sharing since it's not part of the family sharing. Only apps, music, movies,... Show up.

7. eli.musgrove9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I tried to make the purchase, and it said my family organizer needs to type the security code in? He doesn't know what it is either. Should I just leave the family, make the purchase, and re-join?

8. eli.musgrove9 thread starter macrumors newbie

I left the family, and it still says my family organizer needs to type the security code for his card. I am not trying to use that, I am trying to use my itunes balance. Should I just wait until that updates, or will it never update?