In-app purchese problem, "This is not a Test User account"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by apmorency, Mar 19, 2011.

1. apmorency macrumors regular

My iphone4, on jailbroken 4.2.1 and can't complete any in-app purchases.

I get the "This is not a Test User account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment." error message. I've found references to it with google but nothing about fixing it.

Does anyone know or a fix or if the only way around it is to restore to a legit/unjailbroken firmaware?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

try:
    - Uninstall AppSync
    - Delete 'app x'
    - Redownload 'app x' from the iPhone App Store

3. apmorency thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have appsync and have never had it installed.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What is the app that its giving you this problem?
    Maybe it does a check for a JB device and then drops an error.
    There's a few apps that have built in security checks.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Did you install Install0us? If so, you have Appsync.

6. apmorency thread starter macrumors regular

No, I've never installed installous.

It's any app that does the in-app upgrade/purchace completely within the app.
    I've tried with netstat, a tv guide app and fairlight.
    (I only wanted fairlight but tried the other two to see if it worked at all.)
    The fairlight developer was actually very interested, i sent him screenshots but he hadn't seen anyone else with the issue.
    I was able to pay for pandora but that takes me to a web page where the purchase is done.

Netstat shows I have sandbox.itunes.apple.com... something like that (don't remmber exactly). open/listening. Must have been some app or jailbreak app that caused this.

ANyway, this is known to apple but seems to be limited to the developer environment. I am not a developer and have no beta version of any firmware.

From: http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#technotes/tn2259/_index.html

11 How do I resolve the "This is not a test user account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment." error message?
    You are getting the "This is not a test user account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment." error message because you signed in with your iTunes user account when prompted by Store Kit to confirm a purchase. To resolve this error, sign out of the Store in the Settings application on your device and use your In App Purchase test user account when prompted by Store Kit to confirm a purchase.

7. APtalent macrumors regular

To resolve this error, sign out of the Store in the Settings application on your device and use your In App Purchase test user account when prompted by Store Kit to confirm a purchase.

8. apmorency thread starter macrumors regular

That's for a developer in the sandbox environment, with a test user account, using the Store Kit.

I've signed out of the itunes, signed back in, tried setting up a new user account.
    I suppose I should have said all this before, I didn't think it would be necessary as this issue is going on 2 years as a known issue.