In between Iphone plus and regular 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ag29, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ag29 macrumors 6502

Does anyone wish Apple would make a phone between the regular sized iphone and the plus?

For example like a 5.1 inch phone. It would be somewhat bigger than the regular iphone 7, but still compact enough to use one with one hand.

2. Hal~9000, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

[​IMG]

The only way I'd want them to introduce a 5.1-inch phone is if they could fit it into the same size frame to completely replace the current 4.7-inch.

It's hard enough getting the launch day phone you want due to 5 different colors & 3 different sizes spread across 2 different models. The last thing we need is another model clogging up the supply chain making it even harder to get the model you want on launch day...

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

But then again it's been talked/rumored about, that Apple may introduce three sizes in the Tenth Anniversary iPhone. Possibly 4.7, 5.0, 5.5.

The consensus appears to be the 5.5 is a great iPhone, which holds the best features. However, A large majority struggle adapting to the 5.5 iPhone due to its size. I think it seems logical for Apple to release a middle ground iPhone.

4. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

I agree with Hal~9000. There are already so many options to choose from and with so many options it seems supply is limited at first. Add in a 3rd model and it would become an even bigger headache.

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Add in dozens of people getting "faulty" phones and managing to exchange them 5+ times, while people are still waiting for their pre-order.

I think the 3 sizes they have are perfect. SE, 7, 7+

6. ipadded macrumors member

ipadded

had a 6s, traded it in and got 6+.

had a 7+ on pre-order, but got a november delivery date.

cancelled that and picked up a 7 at bb.