OS Neutral In-Browser shooter is terrible on Mac...

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by taptic, Dec 3, 2015.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

So I know this game is probably basically unknown around here because it's in browser and not all that incredible in general. It's called BeGone (nplay.com/BeGone). I have over the past couple years grown to love it's simplicity and ease of access though. I started playing it on a PC, but have seen gotten a rMBP.

The problem is it doesn't look or play nearly as nice as on PCs. I've tried with multiple computers of both systems and it seems to have pretty uniform results. The entire game looks significantly darker/dimmer on Macs and the lighting is off. And as far as playing it goes, it's virtually impossible to hit anything (this isn't due to the trackpad because I'm not too bad at CS:GO).

I've looked at what few game settings their are and I can't fix it. I know it isn't a power problem because my computer handles other games better despite heavier graphics just fine. I know there may not be any "fix" for this, but does anyone at least know why this might be happening? What's different about the browsers on Macs?

2. Irishman macrumors 68030

You might be asking the wrong board for help.

3. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

Yeah, I don't think there really is a right board for this...

4. Irishman macrumors 68030

Support from the makers of the game? Have you reached out to them?

5. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

It has, for the most part, been ditched and just left to make a little ad revenue.

In general though, there isn't anything on the browser or operating systems side that should do this, is there?

6. Irishman macrumors 68030

There very well could be something on both the OS and the browser.

Have you tried using Chrome or a different browser in OS X?

7. 1madman1 macrumors regular

Just tried it on my system (Mac Pro 2010, X5690, R9-280X) and the framerate is great - more than 60fps for sure. Given how simplistic the graphics are it could even be in the hundreds of FPS. Lighting does look strange though, like there is a missing rendering feature in the Unity plugin. Controls feel fine as far as I can tell.

I'm pretty sure the issue lies with Unity Web Player.