In browser video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EthanXC1, Aug 17, 2010.

1. EthanXC1 macrumors member

What ever happened to being able to watch videos inside webpages like on the iPad? (as opposed to opening up YouTube or QuickTime) I thought this was supposed to be a feature of ios4. Is it already there and I'm just dumb or what?

2. celticpride678

You can't watch it in the browser. You can click the video and it will open in the YouTube Player

3. EthanXC1 thread starter macrumors member

Am I wrong in thinking that this was supposed to be a feature of ios4? I'm pretty sure I heard it was back on the spring.

4. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

You can, go to settings and find restrictions and restrict your YouTube app then go to the mobile YouTube page and press the plus sign and add it to your homescreen then go into it and you can watch videos from the browser kinda. And this allows you to watch the videos in HD when on 3G unlike the default YouTube app

5. EthanXC1 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you that is some good info. I was already using the website on my home screen instead of the original app but didn't think of restricting the old one. I guess I was wrong about hearing that you could watch videos inside the web page though.