in built camera

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by korbiniansv, Jan 20, 2012.

1. korbiniansv macrumors newbie

Anyone know if its possible to get the camera from the MBP 2011 model fitted into a 2011 MBA? and if so how much would apple charge to do this? only reason i ask is that the MBP has a HD camera whereas the MBA doesn't,

Thanks in advance

2. simsaladimbamba

Apple will not do that and to do it yourself is a rather difficult, maybe even impossible job due to different hardware and connectors.

3. korbiniansv thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applefan17 macrumors member

Yeah,

That sounds like a very complicated process that Apple won't do. I don't recommend trying to do it yourself either, but you can always purchase an HD webcam from a 3rd party if you so choose.

5. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I think the MBA lid is too thin for the kind of camera the MBP pro has. Otherwise Apple would have used the same camera in both.

6. korbiniansv thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm, good point, the pro lid is a lot bigger than the air, never mind, i just wonders that was all! can't fault the machine other than that, best laptop I've ever owned!

7. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

If it's that important to you that you're wanting to have the HD webcam then you should just wait until new models (possibly) come out over the next few months