In car: can you have two bluethooth connections at once?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Soundhound, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

My iPhone works great with the hands-free bluetooth setup in my car for phone calls, but it doesn't stream music from my iphone to my car stereo.

I've been using a cable, but it gets in the way. I just noticed some bluetooth adapters which will take the audio stream from an iphone, and covert it to an audio output (rca connectors) and ordered one.

Anybody know whether I'll be able to have the phone remain paired with the hand free phone system, while I simultaneously being able to stream music to the adapter I got?

Just wondering. Thanks!

2. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Norinion macrumors regular

Don't think its possible, to have an iphone select "which audio" you want to output. For example, when paired with one Bluetooth doesn't the music and phone audio play though that Bluetooth? Not only phone conversation through the bluetooth and the music through another output option

4. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

No when I pair my iphone with my car (2008 infiniti ex35) the phone works through the car, but the music still comes out of the earpiece...

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I know I've tethered to multiple computers at the same time over Bluetooth... So the hardware supports multiple connections. No idea if there's software support for multiple connections though.

6. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got this device, and it works great!

Miccus BluBridge Mini-Jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver

I emailed with the company, and the person said it's not really two bluetooth connections operating at the same time, but rather "2 different software profiles. A2DP (stereo music) to the blubridge receiver, and HFP (Hands Free) to the car.

It works!

7. Mikesus macrumors 6502

Yes. Do this in my car now.

Audio goes to Blackberry Audio Gateway.

Phone goes to car.

Works great!

8. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

So any updates on this? I just purchased: "Miccus BluBridge Mini-Jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver"

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry with Bluetooth for the phone. It doesn't stream audio. Will this scenario work?

I want to have bluetooth still work with the car for PHONE calls. Yet, I want to have bluetooth streaming audio through my aux port. So, I just purchased "Miccus BluBridge Mini-Jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver". Will my iPhone pair to BOTH devices at once? So, I can play music and send the signal through the bluetooth music adapter and when I were to receive a phone call, I can answer the call with my car's built in bluetooth hands free system? Then, when I am done with the call, the music will resume through the bluetooth music adapter?

Thanks for your help!! -Paul

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

That's because your vehicle doesn't support A2DP