In Car Dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by notsofatjames, Feb 12, 2008.

1. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

I've just got myself a new alpine head unit with iPod cable, that works with iphone for its music, but was looking for a dock i can fit that has a pass through ipod dock connector on it. I could just get another iPhone dock or universal dock cheap on ebay, but they're a tad expensive for what they are.

Anyone know of any good products?

I dont need any addition feautres like FM or audio through, just simply a dock connector pass through. the stereo does all the charging and music etc.

2. rockets21 macrumors newbie

Good Dock

I have been using the Griffin Tune Flex Dock. It has a dock connector at the bottom that allows passtrough. It also has a aux port so you can use that too.. Not bad, it even charges your iphone .. I highly recommend..

3. thesdx macrumors 6502a

They've got a pretty wide selection on the Apple online store.

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

try this one. i have a proclip mount (have used them for a while for a variety of devices) for my iphone, though not this specific one. they make good stuff.

5. notsofatjames thread starter macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

i don't need all the extras, like the aux and power, my stereo handles all that. Thanks anyways, but i think I'm going to make my own. Does anyone have a spare universal dock adapter that fits the iPhone. I can get them at the apple store, but they come in packs of 3. I only need one. Maybe someone else has bought 3 and only used one. I'll pay for it + postage to uk. (as long as its no more expensive than apple store.

6. notsofatjames thread starter macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

This is pretty much what i'm looking for. But its going to cost me about £80+ to get it. And I hate to sound fussy, but i want something that is rested low in the central console, rather than mounted up high. I dont plan on looking at my phone while driving. I have asked them if the pass through passes through every pin in the connector. The Apple iPhone dock doesn't pass through properly to my stereo, it just keeps saying searching. Apple must be trying to save a few bucks by not connecting every pin, but only the ones charging and syncing. I think its probably going to be cheapest to make my own dock.