In Car iPad Mount

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Pyro2b, May 23, 2010.

1. Pyro2b macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I thought I'd post a few pics of my custom built car mount for my 3G iPad. I made this at work on Friday out of polycarbonate. I made it so the iPad slides down inside from the top. I have an Incase cover for the iPad that doesn't have to be removed to slide it into place. The mount hangs from my AC vent in the center console. The radio gets blocked, but I haven't used that for ages anyway. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. hotace macrumors newbie

hotace

mount

like your DIY, Brodit.com also do some mounts for in cars and some clever Audiophiles in the USofA have done some superb installs already.

what you need now is the AUDISON Beta and optical dock to use it as your complete entertainment system....

:rolleyes:

3. Cinab1mt macrumors regular

I would def. buy one from you if you were willing to make another! PM me and let me know!

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I love it! Good quality workmanship. I'm going to have to figure out some sort of mount for an '02 Mustang. Covering the radio isn't an option and I have a stick shift to make it more difficult.

5. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Exact same car, so please let me know if you do come up with one. I've been trying to figure it out, but haven't found anything ideal yet.

6. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I believe the OP said it attached to the vents.

Poppe, will do. That car will be a dilemma especially because of the Pioneer AVIC-D3 already in the dash. I'd rather not cover it up. I'd like my iPad to work with it like the iPod I keep connected to it now.

8. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

+1 love it

9. Pyro2b thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking about making a few of these. I have a couple family members that want one too. Thoughts on a possible market for these?

10. tmarks11 macrumors 6502a

Drill the back so it can be easily attached to a pro clip mount and sell them on ebay. I bet you could move quite a few at $50 each.

I like how you made it so the iPad in a tpu case fits inside. Killer design. Let us know when you start selling to the public...

11. TOYOTATruck07 macrumors member

Nice

Great design! Do you have any pictures of the backside? I'd be interested in buying one immediately if you'd like to make me one. Shoot me an email at toyotatruck07@gmail.com if you'd be willing. Thanks