In case of replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Samarium, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Hello everyone. I have contacted Steve Jobs email, and I got a quick response from a guy in the Corporate Executive Relations department, telling me that he tried to contact me via phone but he didn't had any success and since I live outside the U.S. the phone in their system is my cellphone number that I use every time I visit the U.S. He was very friendly and told me that their where going to resolve my problem, and that I needed to contact him when I visit the U.S. Now that im heading there, I really dont know if I'm getting a replacement for my MacBook(I won't post any reasons because I don't want any controversy upon my problem). Well my question is that if in any case i get a replacement are they(Apple Store) going to port everything from this HDD to the new one, or not. Or if I have to take my external hard drive in where I have my Time Machine backups, and if the backup's already have all my serials in my programs or I have to take every cd+serial, and download all my freeware and take it in a flash drive. So please give me some input in what to do.

Thanks in advance.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If the exchange is handled at an Apple Store in the US, then yes, they have the ability to port your system over to the new machine. If they don't offer, just ask.

3. Samarium thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Yes, it is going to be at an Apple Store in U.S.

Do I still have to take my serial numbers of my software?