In case you didn't know about this.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FatPuppy, Sep 21, 2014.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411334964.516343.jpg
    I found this screenshot on twitter in case some users don't know about this.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just one of many new fesures in iOS 8 discussed in many threads and articles online.

3. Didz81 macrumors newbie

Thank you for telling us about this! I enjoy most of the new features of iOS 8 but the contact shortcuts above the app switcher seemed weird and out of place to me so I'm glad there is a way to turn this off and have the app switcher look just like it did in iOS 7. The clean space above and below the app previews looks much better without being cluttered with contact shortcuts if you ask me.

4. LaidBack macrumors member

LaidBack

I don't understand the convenience of this feature. If I want to look at my recent calls I go to the phone app, for messages I go to the messages app, etc.

For me the feature would only serve to look at my friends faces more often.

5. Arndroid macrumors 6502a

Arndroid

Yeah good thing we can revert to blank space instead of being forced to have shortcut to recent contacts.

6. liteshow macrumors regular

Thanks! I too did not know you could turn it off. It works for me as I would keep it on on my phone but would turn it off on my iPad.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

So that you can quickly contact someone wherever you are perhaps. Just bring up that screen with a double click of the home button no matter where you are and go from there. Basically a more consistent unified way of doing it. And the option to disable it is there too, so it's all good for everyone basically.

8. Baby Panda macrumors newbie

This item is discussed in many other threads already. Regardless, it would be extremely helpful to have a proper title, and not a vague one.