In-ear Earbuds

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nickasu, Oct 3, 2008.

1. nickasu macrumors newbie

So I got sick of waiting for the apple earbuds with microphone to come out and picked up this product from BodyGlove:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-Earglove-Sport-2-5mm/dp/B0000AHZXK

Quite honestly, it's beyond terrible. I haven't even tried the phone part yet, but all my music sounds like it's underwater. I'm new to earbuds, and I though it's what I needed since the stock headphones that came with the iphone always feel like they're falling out of my ears.

Since I've never used earbuds before, can I ask a stupid question- do all earbuds sound different (ie worse) than normal headphones, and I should just forget about them, or is this really the case of a lousy product? Thanks in advance

2. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Lousy product.

Look at these products:
    Sennheiser MM50 ip
    Shure SE110/SE210/SE310 plus the Shure mic adapter
    Ultimate Ears super.fi 4vi / super.fi 5vi
    Etymotic Hf2
    V-moda vibe duo

Don't bother with Sony or Bose.

Remember that you need to achieve a proper seal. You put it in your ear by pushing it in a bit, then twist it into place as you push the tip in. Make sure you have picked the right tip size for your ear.

I would wait for the Apple In-Ear buds to come out though, they could be pretty good. Should be out any day now.

3. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

After going using them for a year now, I swear by Shure's. I own the SE110 & SE210. I've owned the Bose In-Ear headphones, which looking back were grossly overpriced(duh, they're Bose!)and horrible quality compared to the Shure's. I'd recommend the SE210's to you any day.

I am really curious about the new Apple In-Ear headphones coming out though. Hopefully they will be somewhat decent quality, and I am really looking forward to them having the volume and track controls right on the wiring.

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I use the V-moda vibe duo (the ones without the microphone). I used to have a pair of these but my mother's cat chewed through the wire. I went back to Apple not too long ago and I was going to get the ones with the microphone, but I really liked the pink ones and they only came without the microphone. I figured it was not a big deal since I used them like that for about a year before the other ones were ruined.

My husband wanted the BOSE ones and although he loves them, I do not like them since when I tried his, I could hear people around me talking (not what they were talking about, but that they were talking). Plus, they looked funny!

The V-moda vibe duo are awesome! When I have them in my ears, I do not hear anything. And I mean anything. It is just the music and me!

5. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Another vote for the V-modas here. I have the ones with the microphone for my iPhone and the sound is awesome. The build quality is fantastic too, with milled metal headphones, and a really nice fabric covered cable.

One of the posters above said not to buy Sony - however, if you want a cheap and cheerful pair of noise-isolating headphones, try the EX71s - they come in either black or white, and are rubbery and extremely comfortable for wearing for long periods (the v-modas can get uncomfortable after a couple of hours). I used Sony EX71s for a recent flight from NYC to London and they were great. They're small and do nor protrude, and so are also good for listening in bed when you're lying on your side :)

6. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I agree that the EX71 aren't bad, but for a significantly lower price you can get the sennheiser cx300 which is a similiar if not better sounding earphone that's just as comfortable.

7. chrisesposito macrumors member

8. itouchcx macrumors newbie

What About the SHURE EC4??

I bought the Shure EC4 and am very satisfied with the sound quality, i received them today and paid about $90 bucks :D and those were the best invested 90 dollars in earphones till today!!! Totaly recomended!!!

If you are looking for affordable branded Earphones take a look at Zulua E-Store this my help!!

I dont agree with those who say that bose in-ear is are overpriced, i have also a pair of them and they just great!!

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes, the Shure E4's were truly the hidden gem in the old Shure lineup. However with the MPA as opposed to the new IEMs the chord is obnoxiously long. With that said still love mine.

10. TheBigLebowski macrumors newbie

I'll second the recommendation on Shure's. I have to have a pair of Ultimate Ears, and I could hardly wear them. I've owned SE210's, and SE310's, and they're both fantastic earbuds. They're comfortable, achieve a great seal, and they sound great. The 310's have noticeably better bass response, but if low end isn't your deal, you can find 210's for considerably cheaper.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes, if low-end is your thing Shure is probably not the earphone for you; let alone earphones prbably are not your things.

12. pro3g macrumors member

I use the skull candy FMJ with microphone they are amazing headphones have great bass and great sound and look really cool.

www.skullcandy.com you should check them out.