In ear headphones, Advice !?!?! Klipsch Or Bose

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by buffgrk, Dec 11, 2010.

1. buffgrk macrumors member

Hey guys im tossing up between the bose ie2 OR klipsch image s4i .. i mainly listen to rnb so i like a nice clean sound with plenty of solid bass.. these headphones are in the same price range.. going by the reviews i think i have seen abit better feedback swaying towards the klipsch .. but i would like to know what you guys think.. maybe you got one or the other, thanks - Jim

2. deeesea macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Go with s4's. :)

3. SmokeyRobinson macrumors regular

The Bose IEM's Ive heard had horrible fit with my ears and my friend who got them preferred my Klipsch. I went S4 and liked them a lot.

They can be a bit sibilant sometimes and only lasted a year though (gym/general use. chord issues.). But very good for the price and nice bass.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

5. adztaylor macrumors 68000

6. Jooles macrumors member

7. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Bought a pair of the Klipsch S5i's yesterday at apple and wanted to like them. They sound great but like many earbuds I could not wear them for very long before they started hurting. The other problem was the remote. Have heard a lot of people complaining about the size of the remote. I on the other hand thought it would be perfect when boarding. The size of the remote would help in changing song, volume or answering calls with gloves on. The downside was there was a lot of feedback in the cable when listening to music. Drove me crazy.

Went to Best Buy last night and they had the Bose Mie2i marked down to $116 by mistake. Still honored the price and pulled the trigger. Happy I did! The Stayhear buds work great. The buds stay secure in my ear and could wear them for a long period of time with no pain or discomfort. The sound is not as good as the klipsch but close. Very happy with the bose and will be keeping them!

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Klipsch x10i ftw.

Fixed it for you. :D

9. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

i would return those...just me though. I see em online for 129$, so you saved 13$, but they dont sound as good as the klipsch...which are cheaper.

No brainer, return the bose, spend LESS money and get the headset that you know sounds better. just my opinion..:D:D:D

10. SR Steve macrumors member

Klipsch S4i. Great sound for the $$ and very comfortable, plus the remote works as designed and placed where it is easy to use.

11. cfairbank macrumors 6502

The klipsch do sound a bit better but doesn't justify the discomfort they cause when I wore them. The mic and controls may be better on the s4i than the s5i but have been happy with the quality of the bose so far.

12. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

get the s4i if you are on a budget. much better than bose.

13. vernieNZ macrumors newbie

I can't say about the Bose as I have never tried them, but the S4's are awesome for the money. Very comfortable fit (at least for me), with strong bass which does not diminish the clarity of the mid to high end.

14. reebs macrumors 6502

Klipsch s4 if on a budget, s4i if you want the remote feature and s5i if you need something really durable.

15. clientsiman macrumors 6502

clientsiman

I love the Klipsch s4, they are really good but they don't last long. Had mine changed twice in 14 months. Good thing that they have 2 year warranty.

16. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

So I bought the klipsch s4i today and the sound is awesome! But I was reading some reviews and people are saying the wires break fairly quick, in a matter of a few months as one said in this thread. Anyone else have these problems? Is it worth keeping these if they are going to break farily quick? If not what else is similar to these and sound just as good, and maybe around the same price range? Thanks alot!

17. kyomagi macrumors member

i have both pairs, go with the bose. the bose sound better to me than the s4i's

18. Apok macrumors regular

I love the Bose headphones. And I have worn a few pairs out over the years, and their warranty is awesome. Fantastic sounding. I wont switch in the foreseeable future.

19. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

My klipsch s4's have lasted over two years now and I love them. They were cheap, and efficient!

20. oldhifi, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

I have the Bose IE2 Audio Headphones, great sound but dont't like the way they fit. I just like the plug type..easy to remove

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

klispch s4i. I had two pairs of them one white the other black. I lost the white pair :(

22. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

23. Ring Leader macrumors newbie

If your most important factor is sound than i would go the Klipsch

24. comptr, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

comptr macrumors 65816

Go with the Klipsch I have a pair of the Klipsch S4iII the current model the one with the thin cable and it sounds great.

25. mackandproud macrumors 6502