In ear headphones have mic?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mattwolfmatt, Sep 11, 2008.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

It was unclear (to me) from the keynote and other stuff I've read...does the in-ear headphones ($79) come with the mic and the clicker and the volume? Or does that stuff just come on the cheaper buds?

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Yes, 100% definitely. Check Apple's site. They are actually called "
    Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic"

However, there is (as far as I know) NOTHING you can do with that microphone at the moment... [sigh]

3. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Thanks for the link. Sorry I missed it!

I heard the hardware is there in the touch for the mic to be used, just no software support [yet?!?]. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

there's a voice recording app for the iPod nano and there are all sorts of voice notes apps for the iPhone that will work with the headphone mic.

5. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Get back to me when you have successfully performed an iMiracle and made it so iTunes 8 lets you install iPhone only apps on the iPod Touch. :p It will only work if Apple makes some changes, and hopefully soon, regarding the tags on apps that tell the computer which devices can do what.

Even the apps with voice recording built-in that you can put on the Touch either tell you your hardware can't support it, grays it out, or it doesn't appear at all! :mad::mad: