in-ear headphones - money no issue, but needs a remote on the cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lars666, May 23, 2010.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hello everybody,

I have a short question - first of all, let me say that I already searched the net, but didn't found a satisfying answer. Therefore, I wanna post my question here: I'm searching for in-ear headphones for my iPhone. The best. Money is no issue, but it needs to have a small remote on the cable for all the functions (skip track forward, skip track backward, volume up/down) like the Apple in-ears do have. I don't want an extra remote which I have to plug between the headphones and the iPhone - otherwise, I would choose the SE530 because I read very good things about it. A nice, soft fit is also important and, if possible, it would be nice if they aren't too big outside of the ears.

If anybody has a recommendation, please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

2. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

wait for the SE535s or etymotic's new full remote IEM or get the Klipsch Image X10s

3. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. cheeseblock macrumors member

definitely get the Skullcandy 50/50 earphones.

they are the "in-ear" earphone type that sort of "suction" to your ear, and have great bass

they have a full-function remote with track forward/back, play/pause/answer calls, and volume up/down. plus, they have a microphone for calls, voice control, etc.

pretty affordable ($50) and they come in some cool colors.

plus skullcandy's lifetime warranty

here's a link: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/50-50.html

let me know if you like them

5. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi cheeseblock - thanks for your hint, really appreciated, but I don't think that at this price point, the Skullcandys can compete with the sound of the Shures ...

6. cheeseblock macrumors member

i know Shures are some of the best, and sorry i didn't see the "money no issue part"

but also check out the new Monster Beats Tour with ControlTalk. This whole line of headphones are awesome, and Monster makes high quality products. These also have all of the features you want, and work great with iPhone.

take a look: http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5097

7. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the link, cheeseblock, I'll check it out.

8. gunzmaiet macrumors regular