In-Earphones for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kAoTiX, Sep 30, 2009.

1. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I recently purchased the Klipsch Image iPhone ear phones from Apple after reading good reviews about them. Well, frankly they suck.

This is my opinion and others may feel different, but for my ears they're terrible.
    I had the Shure EC2's prior to these for around 2 years and they were awesome, I only changed them because of the cables breaking around the ears (common problem)
    The biggest difference between the two different ear phones is the way they fit into your ears. The Klipsch seem to just push in and dangle there, where as the Shure actually push in and the part that isnt inside your ear sits in the outter part of your ear which actually holds them in place constantly. Absolutely perfect if you're moving around a lot during their usage.

I could wear the Shure's for hours on end without needing to 'screw' them back into my ears. The Klipsch however I find releasing themselves from my ears every 15-20 mins and then the seal is broken so I have to push them back in. I've tried every plug available for them, including my old Shure ones but they simply wont stay in of their own accord.

Can anyone recommend anything similar to the Shures that might have inline controls and mic. Even if they dont have the inline controls it's not a huge problem. I think the main thing is for them to literally hold themselves in my ears like the Shures.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

(N.B. the Shure EC2s have since been discontinued so I can't buy them again)

2. chibamac macrumors 6502

chibamac

I picked up a blue set of Shure SE115 with the mic. they work with the old ear tips from my Shure E3c's so im guessing they will work with the ones that your already comfortable with (triple flange i think their called?)
    They sound great and aren't expensive
    comfortable and sound decent. The mic button is great with voice command but you have to control volume from the iphone.

I hear mixed things about the apple in ear ones but you may want to try them out also.. One guy told me he herd the cord every time it rubbed up against something.

3. kAoTiX thread starter macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Do those Shures sit on the inside of your outer ear and not just free standing in you ear? If so I'll probably get those cos my old ones were fantastic. I don't even want to try the apple ones as they probably suck lol

4. chibamac macrumors 6502

chibamac

You loop the cord around the ear and they go inside the canal like the old shures. They come with a bunch of ear pieces so you can find whats most comfortable. The triple flange ones you need to buy separately.

5. kAoTiX thread starter macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Yeh the old ones loop over your ear. The main point is does the outside of the earphone sit nicely in your outer ear. My old ones would sort of fill the outside part and therefore hold them in your ears.

6. chibamac macrumors 6502

chibamac

Ear Message

I think i know what your talking about..

Ears are so different so it's hard for me to say.. Their definitely bulkier than my Shure E3c's. They do sit nicely in my ears but they won't do things like give me their paw or role over.

They will speak on command however!!

:p

7. kAoTiX thread starter macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

lol I've never used voice control with my current ones or even without. Every time i say 'Call' or 'Phone' or 'What's Playing' it just says 'Playlist is empty' :|

I know this sounds odd but any chance you could take a picture of your earphones in your ear? It's really annoying me that I can't find more information about them. Hardly any websites show an actual person wearing earphones and when they do it's a white silhouette cartoon person with no face lol.

8. tomwebster99 macrumors newbie

Before giving up on the Klipsch headphones I'd recommend trying a different set of tips for them. I bought a pair of Klipsch Images a few months back to replace my Shure SE210s which like yours had the cable splitting issue. To begin with I was very let down with both the fit and the sound quality (as a result of the poor fit). Tried using some ComplyTip T100 tips and they made all the difference. The foam was far more comfortable than the supplied Klipsch tips and they feel more secure in my ears. The sound quality has also improved hugely and I now feel that the headphones are justifying their pricetag.

9. fluffer macrumors member

I'm looking to replace a lost pair of Skull Candy Full Metal Jackets. Do all Shure SE115's have an in-line mic for the iPhone? Which were the Klipsch? I've been looking at the Image S4's which get good reviews. There's also the Klipsch Image S4i at £30 more but not sure of the difference?