In Ears with mic

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hotnts, Feb 9, 2011.

1. hotnts, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

hotnts macrumors member

I know this has been asked in many different variations in the past but i would like to know anyway. :) I am having a hard time picking earphones, i have searched and searched and narrowed it down to these three.

1.JAYS a-JAYS Four (the only thing i dont really like about these is the wide cord, seems like it would get in the way)

2.etymotic mc3 black

3.Klipsch Image S4i

in order of how much the reviews pushed me. I listen to all types of music (rap, classical, rock, acoustic ) and like something that will fit all of my needs. My past phones were apple in ears and liked the fit but the sound was very lacking. I am looking near this pricerange. Would appreciate any input. Thanks

2. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

3. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Honestly I'm happy with the Apple earbuds, the earphones that came with my iPhone didn't fit well and I like the Apple remote, the thickish wires that don't tangle and the plastic box they come with. I find the sound fine-but I had some crummy equipment before. :rolleyes:

4. hotnts thread starter macrumors member

the reason i put them at three on my list was the cord issue everyone seems to have at the 5-6 month mark. Even my apple in ears lasted over a year and a half before the cord ripped. Thanks for the info though. Everyone says the sound is great but quality is poor.

5. hotnts thread starter macrumors member

The apple in ears did me no wrong, i just think the sound seemed kinda empty. The build quality was great as per apple standards, but sound was not what i would want from something costing $80.IMO

6. eclone macrumors newbie

My co-worker had a set of the S4i and said he didn't like them due to the lack of bass and mic placement. He just bought a pair of MEElectronics M11P which is less than half the price and he's more happy with them. I tried them and they sound pretty good for the price. The wires are both coated and braided and plug design will allow it to work with all cases which is another plus.

Edit - MEElec has the M6P on sale for $14.99 with promo code currently.

Edit - M

7. hotnts thread starter macrumors member

not a big fan of over the ear, thanks for the information though. :cool:

8. TBONE72 macrumors regular

I have a pair of the Ety HF-3s and I love them! Used to have a pair of Shures and these blow them away in sound clarity. It's like a whole new world when i listen to my music. I hear details that I have never heard before. As for the bass, I'd say the Etys produce accurate clear bass as opposed to overpowering bass, so take that into account. I love bass, but I really like the clear punchy bass these produce. I'm sure the mc3s will perform in a similar manner.
    Have fun with your new headphones which ever way you go!

9. himesh macrumors regular

A-Jays 4 are pretty good, the tangle free cord is the best part, you'll wonder how you ever dealt with thin cords after

10. hotnts thread starter macrumors member

what about the sound?

11. smeg36 macrumors regular

I've been doing this same search the past couple weeks. I just got the Klipsch S4i yesterday, and have been testing them. I'm coming from the Shure SCL3. Compared to those, the Klipsch have tons more bass (but not overpowering), but are muddier on the mid and high end. I would say they are overall more balanced because the Shure has little to no bass, but I do miss parts of the high end of songs that the Shure would play clearly.

I also have a pair of the Apple in-ears coming tomorrow to try out. But I suspect I'll return them and stick with the Klipsch.