In Germany New iPhone Stocks Only In October

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cyberone, Jul 20, 2008.

1. cyberone macrumors regular

As Apple confirmed - for the 3G launch in Germany they sent only 20,000 pieces - the delivery of the new batch will have to wait until October ...

They can't produce them as fast as they're needed/wanted ...

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

To the OP: that sucks if that is true! I hope it's not the same for the U.S., I've placed an order for an iPhone through AT&T and if it's not here by the end of August I am going to have to go with another phone unforunately.

3. cyberone thread starter macrumors regular

The overwhelmingly inadequate supply of iPhones ... Don't tell me Apple made such a miscalculation.

But if the QC and supply issues remain, many will jump ship.

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Actually the truth is that till the end of September T-Mobile will be selling iPhones only to the ones that have already placed an order. They expect a wider availability in October...

5. prelag macrumors member

I don't think its a miscalculation. It is hype. Throw 20,000 phones into a country. Have everyone wanting more because only a few people on the block own one.

That's a good way to sell phones.

I don't think the next shipment will be October though. I'd guess late August.

6. antielectrons macrumors newbie

Problem with that argument is that Apple aready did that before the 11 July, when the pulled the old iPhone from the market. l think it is clear by now that Apple massively miscalculated. Eitehr that or they are just not up to playing in the big leaugue yet in terms of shipping in large volumes. I think the worst bit about all the shortages is the silence from Apple. If only they would tell us what is going on... when phones will be available in stores to buy.

7. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Let see most apple stores here in the states are getting new iphones every day from Monday to Friday...at least 20 to 60 phones depending on the store...ATT stores are getting nothing but direct fufillments...

Apple will satisfy the US first then ship to Europe then Asia...by the time the world is satisfied then the 32GB iphone will be out...Apple is probably going to use the Nintendo wii strategy and keep supply below demand to keep the hype up.