In Google Chome, how do I save a website to my Top Sites?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Samelson03, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

I thought all I had to do was drag the URL to whichever blank Top Site I wanted it to be on.

2. KirkL macrumors 6502

I try to Remove sites I don't like and visit the site I want to add multiple times and then "Pin it" when it comes up in Top Sites.

Btw, the dragging URL thing is on Safari right? That's never worked for me :( Any tips?

3. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

I believe we're talking about Chrome.

A simple way to add a site is to click the X over the thumbnail for a site you don't want. Once it's gone, a new site will take its place, so you can keep clicking the X until it shows the site you want.

4. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know that's one way of doing it. I did do it that way originally, but I was clicking the x button to fast and the site I wanted to save went right past my eyes. So, it's gone now.

5. KirkL macrumors 6502

I know I was too...I just the reference to dragging the URL was a reference to the way things are done in Safari

6. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

In which case, click the little arrow icon in the top-right corner and choose Restore all removed thumbnails. Anything you've clicked through will have a chance to be seen again. ;)

7. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, I can't believe I didn't even check to see what that little arrow was. Thank you, Caleb.