In honor of D&D's co-creator

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by TheQuestion, Mar 4, 2008.

1. TheQuestion macrumors regular

The memorial thread for Gary Gygax is here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=447529

But I thought a cool way to salute him and all of D&D's creative minds is to post your best D&D character.

Let's find out how many geeks there are on MR Forums.

No doubt, mine was Udun One-eye (15th level monk), blinded in a fan sequel to Queen of the DemonWeb Pits. I had retire him in 1983 because I couldn't find a cleric to regrow his eye. Then I discovered Star Fleet Battles.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well I write the program D&D Manager, but certainly don't play as much as I'd like.

3. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

The only D&D character I had was Iggs, a thief/fighter human from the planes of Faerûn. In our very first session, our GM "tricked us" into Planescape (a great setting featuring all the ideas too strange for standard D&D - now discontinued) and we had a great time there. At the end of our last campaign, Iggs was Lvl15 or 16 I think, flanking and sneak-attacking his way through the hordes of evil, and he still would if we hadn't bombed the last campaign so bad that it was impossible to go on. :(

4. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I was upset that Turbine didn't create a better MMO with the DD&O franchise. Talk about an already existing following.