In iOS 8, does the 'Location' field analyze your input in the Calendar app?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by heyyoudvd, Sep 12, 2014.

1. heyyoudvd macrumors regular

Something that bugs me about the Calendar app in iOS 7 and earlier is that the 'Location' field doesn't tie into Maps. If I type a specific address into that field, then it will create a link that I can tap and bring up directions, however if I type the name of a restaurant or other venue, it just treats it as regular text and does nothing.

For example, if I type "123 Easy Street", it will create a link that opens 123 Easy Street in Maps. But if I type "Joe's Steakhouse", it won't create a link that I can click for mapping directions to the restaurant. I wish the 'Location' field would analyze what you type and find the location, in the same way that typing a location into the Maps app does.

Does iOS 8 do this, or will I have to cross my fingers and hope for the feature in iOS 9?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The 'location' field in calendar now makes the same suggestion that maps does. So if I type 'Walgreens' it will show me the addresses of the nearest Walgreens.

But it's up to me to tap one of those and make the field a link. If I hit 'done' without picking an addresses it remains plain text.

3. heyyoudvd thread starter macrumors regular

Fantastic!

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly, but that's exactly what I was hoping for.