Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Since I now have iWeb and nothing much to use of for I have decided to start a blog. Not wanting you all to read about my personal life it's going to be about Cocoa development.

Obviously not a lot on it yet but you can read it here.

Any other MacRumors Cocoa bloggers?

GorillaPaws

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I'm really excited to read up on the process. This should be a lot of fun to follow, but I must admit, I really dislike the blue gradient streak that runs vertically on your page. It just seems unneccessary and distracting (like I've accidentally highlighted part of your text or something. Otherwise I really like it!

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
GorillaPaws said:
I'm really excited to read up on the process. This should be a lot of fun to follow, but I must admit, I really dislike the blue gradient streak that runs vertically on your page. It just seems unneccessary and distracting (like I've accidentally highlighted part of your text or something. Otherwise I really like it!

Hmm, I was just trying to liven up the fairly basic iWeb templates. If I don't like it after a few entries I'll remove it!

Edit: The gradient did not seem to work too well so it's removed.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Cool Robbie, I will be looking forward to what you come up with there, Poster Paint looks like a fun project. I've been thinking about some kind of blog/site myself for my projects. Right now I'm working on a live audio playback/triggering application, the engine of which I'm currently in the process of migrating from QuickTime to CoreAudio. Those non-Cocoa APIs can be a bear for people only familiar with Cocoa and Objective-C (like me). Some help there might be good as there is precious little of it available on the web or from Apple.

ll350

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2004
Chapel Hill, NC
Nice looking blog. If iWeb can do stuff like that for non-designers like myself, I might just have to upgrade to iLife '06.

Oh, I just remembered, I'll automatically do that when I buy a MacBook Pro:)

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
ll350 said:
If iWeb can do stuff like that for non-designers like myself, I might just have to upgrade to iLife '06.
I really think iWeb should be included with .Mac, not iLife (or better yet, sell an iLife/.Mac combo subscription for something like $129 per year). Sorry for that off-topic rant...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.