in leopard, plugged in iphone launches iphoto??

drnen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Ok so ever since i upgraded to leopard, now when i plug in my iphone it launches itunes AND iphoto. Its annoying. Anyone have any idea how to fix?

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Ok so ever since i upgraded to leopard, now when i plug in my iphone it launches itunes AND iphoto. Its annoying. Anyone have any idea how to fix?
This happens in Tiger too.

iPhoto>preferences>connecting camera opens: set to "no application".

It's because your preferences have changed.

If this doesn't work, I'm a bigger loser than most think.

drnen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
ha, everyone must carry themselves in a pc manner around here i guess? Welp I'll check things out when i get back home later tonight. Thanks for the advice :)

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
My offence
Eak. I'll get rid. Sorry - didn't mean to offend you so much. I'll think next time. No hard feelings I hope (Definitely NO pun there).

You could kindly remove my slur from your quote and we can be on our way (with me having learnt a lesson). IF not, that's fine also.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
For the OP, go into Image Capture and change the preferences for what happens when you plug in the iPhone. You can choose to 'do nothing' when plugged in. A bit non-intuitive to have it be in IC rather than iPhoto, but there you go.

drnen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
ah yes I came back on when i couldnt find it in iphoto. thanks for the image capture direction.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I think anytime you use a derogatory name for a minority group you are going to offend people. That's just common sence.
I apologised. I'm not about to pick this post apart. Let us leave it at that.

For the OP, go into Image Capture and change the preferences for what happens when you plug in the iPhone. You can choose to 'do nothing' when plugged in. A bit non-intuitive to have it be in IC rather than iPhoto, but there you go.
It is in iPhoto... I told the OP in my second post. Go to prefs.

drnen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
yup, koobcamuk is insisting its in iphoto though. Unless its hidden somewhere I'm not seeing I only caught it in image cap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.