In love.... dang!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lartymarf, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Lartymarf macrumors regular

Been enjoying the faithful service of my "original father of all iPhones" iPhone since 2007. Skipped the 3G and 3GS since they didn't exactly serve any of my needs outside of what the iPhone was doing for me. Also preferred the metal back rather than plastic.

This past weekend, retired the iPhone and swapped in the iPhone 4, factory unlocked version. I've fallen in love all over again!

So fast... using the phone is FUN again because apps load so much faster than the iPhone.

So nice... the screen is amazing, absofreakinglutely amazing. So clear and transparent in a way.

So thin... I have a candy shell case on it and protects it well. The original iPhone with a candy back case now feels a little bloated in my hands.

Anyway, the iPhone is now in my museum of retired Apple products and will forever be special to me. It's like having a vintage Ferrari parked in the garage but going to work everyday driving a dark grey spit shine Lamborgini Murcielago.

Peace!
    J

2. Salacion macrumors 6502a

I understand your excitement, but an entire post might not have been necessary.

Anyways, going from the original to the 4th is quite a leap, and a great one at that. I try to update every 2 generations (1G to 3G, 3G to 5G), but sometimes you just can't resist. The original is a best though; lasts forever. I imagine it was wearing thin on speed towards the last months you occupied it, eh?

3. chembox macrumors 6502a

I did the same thing, too, OP. I just didn't want a plastic phone. :p

4. Lartymarf thread starter macrumors regular

LoL. Judging from some of the more useless posts regarding drop calls, having retina display on next gen ipads, should I return or exchange my iphone, oh but the exchange iphones are refurbs.... blah blah blah... a positive post is most welcome no? =P

The original does last forever! It was running rather slow after upgrading the firmware. Takes a while to load certain games and trying to get connected to online data etc was taking a long time as well. With the iPhone 4, the waiting time is almost minimal!!!

J

5. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

Sorry it's the interwebz police, u don't own the net so **** he can write what he wants.